Lacey is a beautiful yellow Labrador who was born on January 13, 2011 and adopted by Bob Roth, our managing partner, at 10 weeks old. Bob knew immediately that Lacey had an exceptionally big heart and a special gift for caregiving, and that she would be perfect for lifting people’s spirits. Lacey is calm, loving, people oriented and eager to please. She loves making friends and brightens the day of everyone she meets. She is a natural when it comes to making people feel better and her gentle demeanor and extraordinary manners make her the perfect dog for providing love and affection for people at home.
Lacey is a certified pet therapy dog, and has been working with Animal Actors of Arizona in continuing her therapy dog training.
January 2012, Lacey passed the American Kennel Club’s Good Citizen Test by being evaluated in the following categories:
- Accepting a friendly stranger
- Sitting politely for petting
- Appearance and grooming
- Walking on a loose leash
- Walking through a crowd
- Sit and down on command/staying in place
- Coming when called
- Reaction to another dog
- Reactions to distractions
- Supervised separation from handler
February 2012, Lacey earned her Therapy Dogs International certification by passing the following tests:
- Appropriate reaction to common health care equipment
- Ignoring food not meant for her
- Willingness to “Say Hello” and make herself readily accessible for petting
- Being able to work well around all types of people, including positive reaction to children
When Lacey isn’t visiting Cypress HomeCare Solutions Clients, she enjoys taking long walks, riding in cars and playing fetch.
How to Get a Visit from Lacey
Lacey’s visits are FREE for Cypress HomeCare Solutions clients and can be arranged through any Cypress caregiver or by contacting Lacey’s Pet Appearance Coordinator at (602) 264-8009.